Regular pickup on 450E Baler with converging wheels
Mounted in front of the baler wheels and directly below the bale chamber, the pickup hugs the ground for clean crop retrieval. Hay movement is minimized.
- V-belt driven
- 450E and 450M Baler pickups are 116.6 cm (45.9 in.) wide
- Large reel shaft and reel bearing
The small-diameter, low-profile pickup allows for good ground gauging and clean crop retrieval.
- Handles large, heavy windrows of hay and high-moisture crops
- Feeds hay directly to the forming chamber to reduce crop loss
- Low-profile pickup minimizes hay lift to reduce chaffing and retain hay quality
Side flares prevent hay from blowing off the pickup ends, which reduces hay loss.
The closely-spaced pickup teeth extend to the baler side sheets to help build straight-edged bales.
Standard on regular pickups, compressor rods are contoured to control hay over the pickup radius for positive feeding. The compressor rack can be adjusted upward or downward to match the volume of material in the windrow and can be easily removed to match crop conditions.
Adjustable crank handle
The adjusting crank positions the pickup to the desired operating height to match crop or field conditions.
An optional hydraulic pickup lift cylinder is available as an attachment.
- Makes raising for transport or clearing obstructions easy
- Crank handle serves as a down stop
- Adapts to regular and MegaWide™ Plus pickups
- Hydraulic pickup lift comes standard on premium machines
NOTE: Crank is not an option for the MegaWide High Capacity and Cutting (HC2) feed system.
BaleTrak Pro monitor-controller
The BaleTrak Pro monitor-controller is included with the automatic electric twine tie option and the Edge-to-Edge net wrap option on the 450E Baler. The monitor sounds an alarm for near-full, full, and oversized bales.
- Monitor beeps once to notify the operator to even-up the bale prior to reaching the desired size.
- Monitor beeps twice when the bale reaches the desired size.
- If the operator continues to feed hay into the baler, the monitor will sound continuously to warn of an oversized bale.
- Bale shape bars are not available on the 450E Round Balers. The 450E Round Balers allow for adjustment of twine settings from the cab by using the BaleTrak Pro Monitor.
- The number of wraps on the Edge-to-Edge net wrap option on the 450E can be set with the BaleTrak Pro.
The audible level of the monitor can be adjusted.
As the hay enters the forming chamber from the pickup, belts immediately turn the hay to form a tight, dense core.
Incoming hay then feeds between the bale and the lower gate roll. Hay is tightly compressed into smooth, dense layers as it enters the bale.
Chaffing is greatly reduced to prevent loss and retain hay quality in the bale.
Full-sized bale in bale chamber
The idler arm rises with bale growth, forcing oil from the hydraulic cylinder through a pressure-relief valve to maintain uniform bale density throughout the bale-forming process.
John Deere's 178-mm (7-in.) wide diamond-tread design ensures fast bale starts and grips the bale to prevent slippage and reduce chaffing. The treads are self-cleaning to reduce carryover. The belts are staggered to reduce the loss of fine material and are closely spaced to contain the hay for fast, easy starts.
The belts enclose 91 percent of the bale width to reduce loss of fine material and retain hay quality.
The staggered belt roll design enables any loose hay under or behind the belts to be returned to the pickup and into the baler. This design helps to prevent buildup at the front of the baler, which could cause hay loss and belt or splice damage.
DiamondTough triple-weave belts
Every baler in the 0 Series Family uses DiamondTough belts. Belts are constructed using a patented triple-weave process of nylon and polyester materials.
They have the strength to handle heavy shock loads and help maintain consistent belt length.
The DiamondTough belts are more puncture and tear resistant than other belts on the market and provide improved belt life and reliability.
All of the 0 Series Balers use the plate-type fasteners.
This closed-loop design uses a plate fastener with pre-assembled rivets that lock the fasteners into the belt, providing a powerful vice-type grip on the belt.
- The plates and rivets are manufactured from high-tensile stainless steel.
- Strong belt splices mean less maintenance and more productivity.
- The loop area is cold forged, making it extremely wear resistant in the coupling area, resulting in a very long cycle life.
- The spring steel pin is notched and locks into the splice connection without having to bend the pin or use external retainers.