331G equipped with silage defacer
331G equipped with Auger
With over 100 attachments offered in the John Deere portfolio you can make the most out of your skid steer by equipping it with a number of popular attachments.
- Increased auxiliary hydraulic flows and power over previous models enable greater performance while running attachments and optional high-flow hydraulics lets operators better utilize attachments like snow blowers, rotary cutters, or brooms
- Internally mounted auxiliary couplers and sleeves mean that couplers and hoses are better protected from damage
- Optional electrically actuated Quik-TatchTM enables some attachment connecting to take place within the cab reducing the need for exiting and re-entering the cab to manually connect attachments.
- Creep control (offered within the Joystick Performance Package) allows operators to perform precise tasks that require full hydraulic flow and power while running at lower travel speeds
For additional information on attachments and compatibility, check out the John Deere attachments guide.
View of the cab from the operator's seat
Sealed switch module (SSM) and other controls on the upper right-hand side of the cab
The spacious and pressurized cab means operators can stay fresh throughout the entire workday through designs that minimize noise levels and keep water and dust out. Switchable controls allow an operator to choose the pattern they prefer (ISO, H-pattern, foot controls, or ISO plus foot controls) meaning they can get to work quicker and easier.
- The ergonomic design includes a larger and continuous footwell to allow for extra room and repositioning of the operator’s feet to maximize comfort
- Controls are in operator-friendly locations that allow for repetitive movements to take place easier meaning that operators will not tire out as quick throughout the day
- Multiple slip-resistant steps and six handles mounted on the interior and exterior of the machine result in a safer and more natural way to get in and out of the cab
- Expertly designed HVAC system with vents spaced along the side, bottom, and rear of the cab allow for work to take place in any season and keeps the operator comfortable with strategically placed vents.
Sealed switch module (SSM) with the EH boom performance package
A: EH Self-Level (up and down)
B: EH Self-Level (up only)
C: Return to Carry (RTC)
D: Return to Dig (RTD)
E: Boom Height Kickout (BHKO)
The optional factory-installed EH boom performance package offers increased productivity through shorter cycle times for applications where repetitive boom functions are common by automating these functions and setting them to match operator preference from inside the cab.
- RTD allows the operator to automatically set the bucket or other attachment to their designated ready-to-work position RTC allows the operator to use the joystick detents to automatically reset the boom to a designated ready-to-carry position
- BHKO allows the operator to pre-select a specific boom height based on truck/hopper height and use joystick detents to automatically stop at a specific height
- Electronic Self-Level (ESL) allows the Self-Level to work during boom up and down, unlike the hydraulic Self-Level option that works only on boom up
331G working in vegetation management
331G with a power rake
Skid steers and CTL’s have features that result in higher productivity in applications like V-pattern truck loading, bale handling, and grading when compared to the competition.
- Increased bucket breakout forces result in better handling of pallets of pavers or other heavy materials in addition to helping heap the bucket with larger loads.
- Anti-stall feature monitors engine load to quickly prevent the engine from stalling allowing the operator to use the maximum horsepower efficiently when pushing large amounts of material
- Differential steering allows the operator to maintain speed and traction when pushing through a turn
- Standard two-speed drivetrain delivers travel speeds up to 8mps for CTL’s that allow operators to get from one side of the job to the other much quicker
Large skid steers and compact track loaders (CTLs) offer ease of access to components for regular servicing or repair
Enhanced serviceability features and ease of access to daily and preventative maintenance points ensures that these tasks do not significantly cut into working hours
- The hood tilts up for ground level access to the dipstick, fuel and fluid filler necks, filters, and see-through reservoirs
- The cab can swing up and out of the way in less than five minutes for wide-open drivetrain access. A single person can safely and efficiently lift the boom and lock it out, exit the machine, raise the cab, and remove the footwell.
- Removable metal side panels on the left and rear are lightweight and perforated with handles at optimized lifting points.
- The removal of the footwell with just six total nuts and bolts allows for easy cleaning of dirt and debris that enters the cab.