644 P loader with standard Z-Bar Linkage
Improved Visibility from the Seat of the Cab
Improved bucket rollback and material retention
The Z-Bar linkage has been completely redesigned to improve visibility and provide a high degree of parallelism while the upgrades made to the enhanced performance bucket offerings help increase productivity.
- Cross tube and boom geometry changes mean improved visibility to front attachments when operating and changing out
- Standard 8 degrees of parallelism minimizes load rollback when using forks to improve load leveling
- High-Lift linkage adds an additional 12” of hinge pin height over standard linkage
- Bucket material retention has been improved by providing a 15 degree increase in bucket rollback to reduce material spillage
- Curved side cutters and integrated spill guards improve bucket fill rates
View of the newly redesigned cab upon entering from the left side of the machine
Additional 12V accessory outlet, USB, and Auxiliary Port
Updated SSM mounted on the right side cab post beneath the monitor
The redesigned cab in the John Deere utility loader lineup features improvements that provide the operator a first-class work environment with a range of creature comfort options to keep operators comfortable and productive no matter the task at hand.
- An additional 3 in. of leg room has been added over the previous series loaders.
- Dual tilt steering column allows for dual tilt between the column and wheel to allow operators to customize the position of the steering wheel to their needs.
- Additional 12V accessory outlets have been strategically placed for proper powering of devices and a USB port has been added for connecting to the radio.
- Auxiliary accessory mounting points are strategically placed on the right front and rear cab posts for equipment such as a payload scale interface or CB radio.
- Upgraded HVAC system to improve cooling capacity, more precise control and increased reliability and durability.
- The AC unit has been relocated to the right side of the cab for easier access and service.
- The fresh air filter exchange is made through the top of the unit located outside the cab. This allows the dirty filter to be replaced completely outside of the operator compartment.
- Brushless motor provides infinite fan speeds, quieter operation, and increased airflow.
- Standard blower vent behind the seat for rear window defog that is adjustable to control direction of air flow.
- The sealed switch module has been updated and relocated on L-series and P-tier loaders. The new location brings the switches to the operator’s line of sight during operation for quick reference and ease of selection and has updated and new functions included.
- Selecting the About button on the main menu of the monitor, then going down to SSM feature button the next screen takes you to a menu where you can view each button on the SSM and learn more about each feature.
Built in EH controls within the right-hand joystick
Electrohydraulic (EH) controls allow for increased functionality to customize machine operations based on operator preference to increase productivity on a range of jobsite applications
- Enable soft hydraulic stops to select how abrupt the bucket or boom stops when they reach the end of travel or when the lever of the joystick is released
- Personalize both multi-function buttons with up to 10 options selectable from the monitor including bucket vibrate that creates a slight vibrating action for precise control when dumping specific material or EH Precision Mode that allows for fine metering of bucket or boom movement
- Set and store up to 10 different attachment configuration settings including flow, responsiveness, and other modes through the monitor for the most frequently used attachments in your fleet
View of improved hydraulic routing at the loader articulation joint
With improvements to the electrical and hydraulic routing and features like ground level servicing and Quad-Cool, customers get an upgraded serviceability experience while building upon known features that they’ve come to expect from John Deere Wheel Loaders.
- Wire harness routing has been enhanced and additional retention points have been added to reduce rubbing
- Elimination of at least 40 hydraulic leak points over previous series in addition to 4 less crossings at the articulation joint on a 2-hydraulic function loader
- The pump manifold has been removed from the articulation area to simply ease of service.
- Controllers and fuse panel are all protected from the environment while also being more serviceable from inside the cab of the machine
- Ground-level daily service checks and fuel refill are conveniently grouped at ground level on the left side of the machine for easy access
- Quad Cool cooling system places coolers in a unique boxed configuration that’s isolated from the engine heat for increased efficiency and durability
View of Cooling Package at Rear of Machine
The Quad-Cool™ Cooling System on loaders is a John Deere exclusive that places the radiator, air-conditioner condenser, intercooler, and hydraulic, transmission, and axle coolers in a unique boxed configuration that is isolated from engine heat to cool these components more efficiently throughout the day.
- The coolers are arranged in a manner that the operator has wide open access to both sides of them ensuring that all debris collected in the coolers can be cleaned out
- Cool-on-demand hydraulically driven variable speed fan is included with the speed of the fan being determined by the machine fluid temperatures resulting in better fuel economy and optimized cooling