Clean and simple operator's station
An uncluttered design gives operators of all sizes plenty of room to be comfortable. Color-coded controls are located on either side of the operator.
- Contoured, comfortable seat enhances operator comfort.
- Seat position adjusts fore and aft
- Seat flips forward for protection from the elements
- Flat operator platform provides for easy entry to/exit from the tractor.
- Folding Roll-Gard™ rollover protective structure (ROPS) and retractable seat belt increase operator safety.
Operator presence system:
- If the operator leaves the seat when the forward/reverse and range lever are in gear, the engine shuts down.
- If the operator leaves the seat when the power take-off (PTO) is engaged, the engine shuts down.
Left-side step for easy entry/exit
- The left-side step allows for easy access on and off the tractor.
- Foot platform has a non-skid surface for sure footing.
The thick, soft padding on this seat provides a smooth and comfortable ride.
- Seat flips forward for protection from the elements.
- Adjustable using the fore and aft lever located under the seat, the seat slides on ramped rails to provide comfortable access to all controls.
Easy-to-read instrument panel includes the following:
- Low oil pressure indicator light
- Battery discharge indicator light
- PTO engagement indicator light
- Signal/hazard lamp indicator lights
- Multifunction liquid crystal display (LCD) display (hours, filter cleaning information, PTO speed, etc.)
- Filter cleaning status indicator light
Fuel tank and gauge
Rear-mounted fuel tank and gauge
All 3D Series Tractors come standard with a fuel gauge that is easy to read from the operator's station to ensure operators do not run out of fuel. The fuel tank is also located on the rear of the tractor to allow for easy refill.
Operator presence switch (OPS) in seat:
- OPS requires the operator to be in the seat to operate the transmission or PTO.
- ROPS is designed to meet or exceed American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers (ASABE) safety standards.
- Reflective ROPS strips for better tractor visibility.
- Seat belts are in base equipment on all John Deere compact utility tractors.
- Key switch interlock prevents bypass starting.
- Visual PTO warning light on the instrument panel alerts the operator when the PTO is running.
- Turn signal and flashing warning lights operate according to ASABE standards.
- Slow-moving vehicle (SMV) sign is provided for road transport.
Two-post Roll-Gard ROPS
3D Series Tractors are equipped with Roll-Gard ROPS. These folding ROPS meet the ASABE standards for compact utility tractors.
NOTE: The use of seat belts is recommended at all times when operating the 3D Series Tractor with the folding ROPS upright.
An optional canopy is available to help protect the operator from the elements.
Optional rear SCVs
3D Series Tractors can be equipped with a field-installed rear hydraulic remote kit, providing two additional hydraulic spools on the back of the tractor. This kit can be field installed on a tractor with a loader or without a loader.
The functions are completely separate from the loader. These rear remotes can be hooked up to a wide variety of implements and attachments such as follows:
- Hydraulically angled blade
- Hydraulically controlled chute/spout on a 3-point hitch-mounted snow blower
- Hydraulic scarifiers on a box blade
- Many other hydraulic rear attachments
This versatile kit gives 3D Series Tractor operators the options they desire for putting their tractors into a wide range of tasks.
The first spool is equipped with a float position, giving the operator the ability to contour the landscape and improve the final grade with certain implements.
NOTE: Neither of the spools in this kit are equipped with a detent position; therefore, they should not be hooked up to anything with a motor, as the valve was not designed to be run open. The kit is designed for momentary, on-demand hydraulic flow such as moving a cylinder.
The approximate installation time is 1 hour to 1.5 hours.
iMatch Quick-Hitch (LVB25976)
One of the greatest operator concerns involves difficulty in attaching tractor implements. John Deere has addressed this issue with the iMatch Quick-Hitch.
The iMatch Quick-Hitch provides easy hookup and a guaranteed fit for all Category 1 implements that are designed to meet the American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers (ASABE) Category 1 Standard S278.6 for quick-attach hitches.
- All implements require a set of bushings for the attachment to fit and work properly with the iMatch Quick-Hitch. One set of bushings comes with the iMatch Quick-Hitch.
NOTE: The bushing set can be seen in the picture above. These bushings allow the hooks on the iMatch and the pins on the implement to fit together properly. All other implements (box blades, tillers, rear blades, etc.) will require a set of bushings to enlarge the pin to fit with the iMatch hooks. Bushings of different lengths can be found in the parts system or through a bushing supplier (see dimensions below).
- Upper bushing
- Inside diameter: 1.93-1.95 cm (0.76-0.77 in.)
- Outside diameter: 3.15-3.18 cm (1.24-1.25 in.)
- Lower bushing
- Inside diameter: 2.24-2.26 cm (0.88 to 0.89 in.)
- Outside diameter: 3.63-3.66 cm (1.43 to 1.44 in.)
Regular service and maintenance are essential to the performance, productivity, and longevity of the tractor.
Easy access to most regular service points minimizes service time.
Tractors are equipped with extensive onboard self-diagnostic capabilities and are fully compatible with the John Deere-exclusive Service ADVISOR™ system.
Hydraulic oil service interval increased to 1200 hours when using Hy-Gard™ products. Hydraulic oil filter will need to be changed every 400 hours.
Fuel tank is located on the rear of the tractor to allow for easy access when fueling.
Fuel tank on rear of the tractor
- Four quarter turn fasteners allow operators to easily remove the engine side panels to access the engine compartment
Easy access to engine compartment
- Daily service requirements are minimal and simple to accomplish. Most service interval requirements can be performed with a basic understanding of procedures and common tools.
Daily service is quick and easy
All items in the daily service schedule can be performed without the use of tools:
Engine oil, hydraulic oil, coolant level, and the water separator can be conveniently accessed.
The engine can be easily accessed by simply raising the hood for more periodic maintenance checks.
NOTE: Always refer to the operator’s manual for complete maintenance and service recommendations.