5ML Cab Tractor
Building off the esteemed reputation of the 5ML tractor series, John Deere is now offering the 5ML with a factory-installed cab. This cab has been specially designed to be used in high value crop operations such as orchards and vineyards. Long, hot harvest days are more comfortable with the ergonomically designed cab featuring ample operator space, sleek right-hand console, air suspension seat, and an adjustable steering wheel. To ensure a comprehensive operator experience, controls are common throughout the 5 Series tractor portfolio. Limit tree canopy interference with the low-profile stance and optional limb lifters. By offering a narrow axle from the factory, the tractor opportunities have been widened.
- John Deere designed and factory-installed cab on 5ML tractor
- Save time by ordering factory installed cab versus adding an aftermarket cab
- Stay on track using AutoTrac™ guidance options
- Reduce operator fatigue with ergonomic right-hand controls
- Minimize crop interference thanks to the low-profile tractor
- Fits a variety of crop types with narrow axle offering
- Reduce training time for new operators by having common controls throughout 5 Series portfolio
- Damage to doors and windows is prevented by shielding around doors, reinforced glass, and integrated door handle
Enhanced shielding and integrated door handle
Easy to reach right hand controls
Charging ports and storage
Utilize StarFire™ receiver and Gen 4 display
Heat and air conditioning controls
Optional Bluetooth® Radio
Bluetooth is a trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
5ML with narrow axle
5ML with standard axle
No matter your row width, the 5ML can be configured to best fit into your operation. While working in orchards, the standard axle provides a powerful stance and presence. Fit into vineyards without compromising on technology or comfort by equipping the tractor with the narrow axle.
- Fit down tight rows by narrowing the tractor width to 5.25 ft (1.6 m)
- Capable of working in most orchards and vineyards
- The narrow axle option unlocks a new customer segment for the 5ML series
When the tractor is ordered with the narrow axle, a “Narrow” decal will be added to the hood.
5120ML Narrow decal
Setting up AutoTrac™ Basic on the digital dash display
Government and environmental pressures, including public perception, are increasing the need for technology and data collection. The 5ML Cab tractor has the most technology offered in a John Deere high value crop tractor. Efficiently manage employees, crops, and data by adding a Gen 4 Display, StarFire™ receiver, and activating an AutoTrac™ subscription. Spend less time manually inputting records and more time growing a healthy crop by collecting data during each pass.
- Minimize skipped rows and operator error by equipping the tractor with a Gen 4 Display and a StarFire receiver
- Reduce operator fatigue by engaging AutoTrac guidance
- Streamline repetitive tasks, such as making headland turns or tillage work, by using iTEC™ Basic (Intelligent Total Equipment Control)
- View real time machine location and information utilizing JDLink™ offered in base from the factory
- Enhance job tracking data when working with ISOBUS compatible implements
iTEC Basic with almond conditioning
StarFire Universal Receiver
PowrQuad PLUS™ or Powr8™ transmissions
Effortlessly find the right working speed for the job with simple push-button gear shifting. A more productive transmission is found on the PowrQuad PLUS™ and Powr8™ transmissions which use clutchless hydraulic shifting between forward and reverse.
- Ergonomically placed transmission control lever allows the operator to change gears and ranges using one lever
- Enhances operator efficiencies by reducing steps to change gears
- Effortlessly switch directions using the electrohydraulic fingertip directional lever, ideal in applications that require frequent directional changes in tight spaces
- Eliminates wear on the clutch by automating gear shifts at the push of a button
Single lever for gears and ranges
Creeper gear lever
5EN mowing in vineyard
5ML spraying in orchard
While working in your orchard or vineyard, getting in and out the rows effortlessly is important. Turning radius is a top priority for high value crops growers and was a top priority when designing our high value crops tractors.
- Efficiency gains when making turns in and out of rows
- Worry less about making tight headland turns
Right-hand fender shield and low-profile seat
The standard OOS on 5ML Tractors was designed for low-clearance applications. It features a low-profile seat, a smaller-diameter steering wheel, protected controls, and a low-profile, rear-mounted rollover protective structure (ROPS). Rounding off these standard features and incorporated into each operator platform is a shield which limits heat transfer from the hydraulics to the operator.
- Ability to drive under low-clearance areas
- Visibility of the front of the tractor with a sloping hood
- Conveniently located operator controls within arms’ reach on the right-hand console control pod
- Protect control pod from low-hanging crops with the right-hand fender shield
All the most crucial operator controls are conveniently located within arms’ reach on the right-hand console control pod. The engine throttle control, selective control valve (SCV) levers, power take-off (PTO) engagement, and hitch-lift control levers are grouped together. On the 5ML, this control pod is positioned on the right-side fender, protected from low-hanging crops by a shield.
Color-coded bands on the SCV levers correspond with the color on the rear SCVs, making it easy for any operator to determine which lever operates which rear SCV.
The 5ML Tractor also offers optional fender extensions to minimize crop disturbance, especially in orchards or tree nut applications. Two fender extension options are available to meet varying tire sizes and coverage preferences.
The foldable ROPS on the 5ML Tractor has a unique design and is 15.2-cm (6-in.) lower at maximum height than the standard 5M Tractors.
The shifter linkages are tighter to offer a more accurate shift pattern, which translates to a crisper throw between gears. Incorporating technology found on standard 5M Tractors, the 5ML now offers a declutch button, enabling the operator to shift gears within a range without the use of the foot clutch.
5ML Tractors also include the following features:
- Retractable seat belts
- Rear certified ROPS for OOS tractors
- Heat shield limiting hydraulic heat passed onto the operator Key-switch interlock prevents bypass starting
- Audible and visual PTO warning alerts when the operator leaves the seat with the PTO engaged
- Positive park position prevents the tractor from moving when the engine is off
- Four amber turn-signal/flashing warning lights for road transport (these are break-away) Slow-moving vehicle (SMV) sign alerts other road users during transport
- Safety decals keep safety in the minds of new and experienced operators
- Left- and right-hand steps provide easy and convenient access from both sides of the tractor Fuel system is fully grounded to meet safety and fuel fill regulation requirements
- For convenience of operation, the fuel and diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) fill are both on the same side with clearly marked and color-coded caps. The DEF tank has a capacity of 12.1-L (3.2-gal.), which is more than enough to sustain proper tractor operation and fuel treatment for more than one full tank of diesel. A field-installed lockable fuel cap is offered for protection and peace of mind.
Transmission controls on PowrReverser™ transmission models:
Gear and range shift levers are located to the right of the operator. The gear lever incorporates a declutch button enabling the operator to shift gears without the use of the foot clutch. Unique knobs also make it easier to distinguish between the two.
Gear lever with declutch button
Transmission controls on PowrQuad™ transmission models:
A single transmission control is located to the right of the operator. This control features the ability to shift through gears within a range using the rabbit button to increase gears and the turtle button to decrease gears. A range change can be completed with this control, as well by moving through A-D ranges similar to a traditional range controller. To aide in ease of operation, operators can use the integrated declutch button rather than the foot clutch to change ranges.
Transmission control on PowrQuad transmission models
A foot throttle with a platform pedal is located on the right side of the operator. The pedal is positioned for ease of use, yet does not clutter the floor. The hand throttle is easily accessible on the right hand console.
Engaged by either foot, the differential lock pedal is placed on the floor.
Differential lock button
When the tractor is used in applications requiring the clutch and brake pedals to be used frequently, the operator will see the benefit of the suspended pedals.
The electrohydraulic forward/reverse direction lever is located on the left-hand side of the instrument console, connected to the steering column. There is also a guard for the reverser lever. Operated with the left-hand finger, the right hand is free to simultaneously run the loader, hitch, or hand throttle.
Left hand reverser with guard
3-point hitch controls
Mechanical hitch controls are available on models equipped with a PowrReverser transmission, while models equipped with a PowrQuad transmission will have an electrohydraulic (EH) hitch. With an EH hitch, operators will have the functionality to raise and lower the hitch from the rear left-hand fender, reducing time when attaching and detaching implements.
Left-hand fender hitch control
PTO controls and speeds
The 5ML features electrohydraulic PTO engagement on all models.
The push/pull knob on open station tractors is conveniently located beside the hand throttle on the right-hand side of the operator. When the PTO is engaged, a light on the instrument panel will illuminate and PTO speed is indicated by target bars. Models equipped with a PowrReverser transmission have a 540/540E rpm shiftable PTO while models equipped with a PowrQuad transmission have a three-speed PTO, 540/540E/1000 rpm.
Enhancing operator safety, the tractor does not start with the PTO engaged. An alarm sounds if the operator attempts to leave the seat with the PTO engaged. The PTO shaft is protected by a hinged shield.
The color-coded bands on the levers, which control triple rear SCVs, correspond to the color of the dust cap and the SCV valve they control.
Mechanical front-wheel drive (MFWD) controls
All four-wheel drive (4WD) axles are equipped with the engage-on-the-go MFWD. This toggle switch is now located on the right-hand console.
Lighting controls – Multi-position dial
The five-position lighting package is straightforward with the lighting control switch on the right side of the steering column. The switch positions are: off, warning, worklight, transport 1 (warning and high-beam headlights), and transport 2 (warning and headlights). A turn-signal lever is located on the left side of the steering column for quick and easy use.